Friday, February 11, 2011

Gas line explosion near our house

                                             News Media Photo                                                    

Lots of excitement a little after 10:00PM last night. A 36" gas line exploded near Hanoverton, Oh. The explosion shook our house. It was about 5 to 8 miles away. Our windows and garage door vibrated until they got the line shut off some time later . I drove to about a mile from the site. There were no emergency vehicles there yet. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was one a hill looking down on it. It was an intense fire ball unbelievably high. It was so bright I couldn't even see the flames! At that point I couldn't tell what it was, it was so huge and bright. My first thought was one of the C-130 Air Force cargo planes that fly over our house every Thursday's on their training flights had crashed. I didn't go closer or stay too long as I didn't want to get in the way of any emergency vehicles. Only until I listened to the news did I find out what had happened. Thank goodness no one was hurt or killed for that matter. It was a sight to see!  







No comments: